According to Mintel, the global use of natural food color (including coloring foods) is approaching 80% across all food and beverages.
The transition to natural food colors is now broad-based and global in nature. Our priority at Sensient is to ensure a consistent and growing supply of color crop production to meet the demand. The benefits of a good agronomy program go far beyond a stable and growing supply though.
An agronomy program traced back to the seed of a color crop also enables these advantages:
- Improved cost over time as agronomists increase pigment levels in key color crops
- A reliable and more consistent supply due to a multi-region planting program
- Complete food color traceability to the farm level
- Discovery of new botanical sources like a blue shade that solves some of the industry’s biggest challenges with natural food color
- Ability to positively impact people around the world with programs benefiting local economies in a socially responsible manner
Learn more about Sensient’s agronomy program directly from our head agronomist in this video.